Thursday, October 29, 2009

wonderful things happens during christmas

haiz. I'm bored.
All of a sudden, I face the screen and I just dun feel like playing any games or watching any videos. Sometimes I really don't know what goes on in my head. When I should be supposedly busy, I can't wait to spend all my time doing useless shits and end up neglecting what I should be doing. When I have nothing on my agenda, I sit around and wonder how I can spend my time more meaningfully. This should be the epitome of what one would be called a idealistic escape artist. Hell. I don't even know how I came about with the this term. It just came to mind and seemed so apt. ha

... and so I started logging on to msn again. wanting to connect with friends and not feel so much a part of the virtual world. Actually, secretly I had another agenda for logging on, but come to think of it, harlow... fat hope la! haha. oh well.

okie. back to msn.
my poor friend's still in office at 1am in the morning and she said : "xmas is on the way". That of course was a reply to my message "when's christmas coming?", and for that, I would have to go all the way back to that night where I suddenly had that overwhelming urge to watch "Love actually". Blah blah blah... I shan't not talk about the whole movie here but I shall just quote this:

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion... love actually is all around."


and because the whole theme of the story revolves around christmas, doesn't it just make christmas so appealing? okie okie. It not just all because of the movie. To start with, christmas IS actually really my favourite day on the calendar. It has been and always will be!

and so the conversation went...
I can't help but feel disheartened with all the pessimism and negativity coming from my dear friend. Isn't christmas the day where wonderful things happen? Isn't it the time to make up for all the lost time and lack of effort throughout the whole year? Isn't it the best time to show that u love the people that u love around u? Not just lovers or friends, but family too!? Isn't it the perfect time to feel that love is all around? It isn't about how old we are, is it? As a matter of fact, I think the older we are, the more we start to cherish, isn't it?

haha. I am definetely an idealist? but I like living in my fairytale story! I like to imagine how beautiful my world can become! I want to believe!
stupid, naive or just plainly really an escape artist? For my dear friend, that's me. You?

I'm starting to feel that I don't know what I am trying to say here. But anyways, I hope something wonderful happens during christmas this year and I would be able to read this post again then feeling comforted.

and...
I want to go to the airport! (though I think I might be disappointed)

| # over and out @ 2:04 AM |



~*~*~*~

         
         


Peizhen
Just rants of unique me where the deepest truths are read between the lines or mostly unwritten.
 

[sdneirf]

Alyssa
biN
Cheryl
Jem
Pearlyn Chow
Sheena
Shyne